https://manual.its.umu.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/manual-loggo.png 0 0 Elizabet Westerlund https://manual.its.umu.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/manual-loggo.png Elizabet Westerlund2021-04-15 07:37:242021-05-21 14:19:15Activate multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Multifactor authentication (MFA) is a service that gives you increased protection when logging in to some of the university’s systems. With multi-factor authentication, you log in to the university’s systems in two steps: using your Umu-id and password, and the using the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone or tablet. In this guide, we will describe step-by-step how to enable multifactor authentication (MFA) for your Umu-id.
NOTE! Do not start your activation (step 2) until you are ready to go through the whole process. Once you have activated multi-factor authentication, you will not be able to log in to your systems until you have completed steps 3-18.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your phone or tablet. The icon should look like the symbol below.
- Visit our web page for activating multifactor authentication. Once you have finished the, MFA will be activated for your account. Please wait 5 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Open your browser and go to: o365.umu.se.
- Log in with your Umu-id and password. You will then receive the message below:
- Select Next.
- You will now be asked to login with your Umu-id and password (Umuemail@example.com).
- The next screen will ask you to download the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Click Next.
- In the next screen, click Next.
- A screen now appears that asks you to scan a QR code. Keep the screen open while you take out your phone.
- Start the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile or tablet. Note that the images below are from an Iphone but the process looks similar in Android products.
- Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner of the screen to add an account.
- Select the account type Arbets- eller skolkonto (work or school account).
- In the window that appears, select Scan QR Code.
- Use your mobile or tablet to scan the QR code shown on the computer screen. Click Next.
- A message will be shown, stating that Microsoft Authenticator has been connected to your account. Click Next.
- In the next screen you will be asked to test the application. At the same time the Microsoft Authenticator app will receive a notification asking you to accept the login. Click Accept in your mobile/tablet.
- Your screen will now show a confirmation of the test. Click Next.
- You have now activated multifactor authentication for your Umu-id! Your standard login method is set to using a code from Microsoft Authenticator. Click Done.