Tip! We recommend that you perform the steps in a browsers private function.
See the manual Open a private browser window if you are unsure on how to do that.
📱 Indicates that the step should be performed on you smart phone.
💻 Indicates that the step should be performed with computers browser.
- 📱 Download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your phone or tablet. Make sure that the icon looks like below and that the app is from Microsoft Corporation.
- 💻 Open your browser and go to: aka.ms/mfasetup.
- 💻 Log in with your Umufirstname.lastname@example.org and password. You will then receive the message below:
- 💻 Select Next.
- 💻 The next screen will ask you to download the Microsoft Authenticator app. Click Next.
- 💻 In the next screen, click Next.
- 💻 A screen now appears that asks you to scan a QR code. Keep the screen open while you take out your mobile unit.
- 📱 Start the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile unit.
- 📱 Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner of the screen to add an account.
- 📱 Select the account type Arbets- eller skolkonto (work or school account).
- 📱 In the window that appears, select Scan QR Code.
- 📱 Use your mobile or tablet to scan the QR code shown on the computer screen. Click Next.
- 💻 A message will be shown, stating that Microsoft Authenticator has been connected to your account. Click Next.
- 💻 In the next screen you will be asked to test the application.
- 📱 At the same time the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile unit will receive a notification asking you to accept the login. Click Accept on your mobile unit.
- 💻 Your screen will now show a confirmation of the test. Click Next.
- You have now activated multi-factor authentication for your Umu-id! Your standard login method is set to using a code from Microsoft Authenticator. Click Done.