https://manual.its.umu.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/manual-loggo.png 0 0 Maja Wik https://manual.its.umu.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/manual-loggo.png Maja Wik2021-04-15 07:37:242021-09-16 14:28:32Activate multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Multifactor authentication (MFA) is a service that gives you increased protection when logging in to some of the university’s systems. With multi-factor authentication, you log in to the university’s systems in two steps: using your Umu-id and password, and using the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone or tablet. In this guide, we will describe step-by-step how to enable multifactor authentication (MFA) for your Umu-id.
Please observe that the steps can look a bit different than the images, depending on which type of unit you are using (Iphone, Android or Ipad).
NOTE! Do not start your activation (step 2) until you are ready to go through the whole process. Once you have activated multi-factor authentication, you will not be able to log in to your systems until you have completed steps 3-18.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your phone or tablet. The icon should look like the symbol below.
- Visit our web page for activating multifactor authentication. Once you have finished the, MFA will be activated for your account. Please wait 5 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Open your browser and go to: aka.ms/mfasetup.
- Log in with your Umu-id and password. You will then receive the message below:
- Select Next.
- The next screen will ask you to download the Microsoft Authenticator app. Click Next.
- In the next screen, click Next.
- A screen now appears that asks you to scan a QR code. Keep the screen open while you take out your mobile unit.
- Start the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile unit.
- Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner of the screen to add an account.
- Select the account type Arbets- eller skolkonto (work or school account).
- In the window that appears, select Scan QR Code.
- Use your mobile or tablet to scan the QR code shown on the computer screen. Click Next.
- A message will be shown, stating that Microsoft Authenticator has been connected to your account. Click Next.
- In the next screen you will be asked to test the application.
- At the same time the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile unit will receive a notification asking you to accept the login. Click Accept on your mobile unit.
- Your screen will now show a confirmation of the test. Click Next.
- You have now activated multifactor authentication for your Umu-id! Your standard login method is set to using a code from Microsoft Authenticator. Click Done.