- Open Teams. You will find Teams as an app in your computer, or via att log in to Office 365 in your web browser. Log in with your Umu-id.
Log in to Office 365
- In the menu choose ”Teams”
- From the menu on the left hand side choose “Teams”
- To Join a team or create a team click on Join or create team (Top right hand corner)
Note that your teams can look a little different in colour and theme
- There are four different types of themes. If the goal is to create a workplace for a workgroup or project you can choose “Other”.
More information on the types of Teams
- Once you have chosen your team type it is time to give your team a Name and a Description (you can change either or both afterwards). You can also choose if your new Team will be a Private team or a Public team. This team will be the center for your collaboration. In every team you can later create different channels for more detailed work.
Creating a channel in Teams (swedish)
- The last step in creating your team is to invite members. In the box you can write in the name of the person or people from within your organisation (one at a time). Once you have your list click on “Add”. You can then decide the rights and permissions for each member. owner or Private.
More on rights and permissions If you choose to invite external members to your team you must type in their email address. They will then receive an invitation with which they can join as a guest.
- Your team is now ready for you to work in.
- To download Matlab, login to your account at the MathWorks webpage http://se.mathworks.com
- Go to ‘My Account’
- Go to ‘Download Products’
- Choose the main option (Newest version)
- Select your platform
- Save the installer (for example matlab_R2015a_win64.exe)
- Run installer, Follow installation instructions
- When prompted to login, login with your MathWorks account
- Go to MathWorks homepage http://se.mathworks.com
- Create an account using your umu.se email address
- MathWorks will send you a verification email, click the link in the email to verify
- When you have clicked the email link you will be taken to a registration page at the MathWorks homepage. Fill in your details (UserID is optional and not nessecary for UmU).
Activation Key: 17012-57809-58605-43730-43770
To install Umu-copyprint to a computer that is already connected to the AD domain:
1. Click on Start (Windows-logo).
2. Type in \\umu-copyp-spool.ad.umu.se\UmU-copyprint
3. Choose Open from the dialog window that comes up.
4. The Drivers for the printer should automatically install and an icon (with the name UmU-copyprint) for the printers queue should show up under your Control Panel/Printers
Remember! If you have an old CopyPrint printer you can remove it. (the old printer will be named UmU_Copyprint).
When you print out a document, it will first appear to be “paused” in the printer queue. But go to the printer and you should be able to print it out.
At UmU we use an antivirus/antispam filter that removes most incoming mail.
An ordinary day in March 2019, about 900,000 emails were received by the University, of which approximately 888,000 are immediately stopped because the server/address that sent the email has been classified someone who sends spam.
Then the remaining mail is analyzed and about 12,000 are then classified as spam and stored in the users spam quarantine. Approximately 200 mails come in every day that are phishing mails or contain harmful/virus coding.
A spam mail could be a mail with only links and/or from mail domains that have not received high confidence points before (have ex. sent spam or come from a new server).
How to use the filter
If you are missing any mail or want to verify what is in the quarantine go to the following link: https://antispam.umu.se/
Log in with your Umu ID and password.
You will then see a list of all the emails that are in quarantine.
Mail in quarantine will sit there 180 days before they are removed.
You can mark the mail(s) that are not spam and choose to “release” them and ‘whitelist’ the sender so that they do not get stuck in the SPAM filter again, or ‘blacklist’ them and these mails will never come into your inbox.
Initially, a mail will be sent at 12 o’clock every day if there are new messages in your quarantine. You must click on the link at the bottom of the email that goes out to access the quarantine. Those who have function mailboxes cannot log in to the portal via https://antispam.umu.se
Save or release an email message
You can, via th emenu options choose to blacklist or whitelist an email address or domain.
You can choose, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or bademailserver.nu
1. Go to https://copyprint.umu.se in your browser.
!!! You have to be connected to the Umeå University campus network.
2. Log in with your UmUid and PIN-kod to your card on copyprint.umu.se.
3. Click on My account.
4. Click on Buy balance.
5. Read through the rules, choose the amount you want, accept the rules and click on Proceed.
6. If all the information is correct, click on OK buy credit.
6. A payment window will open, fill in your information and click on Complete.
Börja skriva eller tryck på ”/” för att välja ett block
Cache files contain information from web pages you have visited in order for them to re-load faster next time you visit them.
- Open Google Chrome
- Choose Chrome in the menu bar
- Click on Clear Browsing Data
- Choose the time frame you wish to clear (ex. All Time)
- Click the check boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files
- Click on Clear Data
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Choose History in menu bar
- Click on Clear Recent History
- Choose the time period you wish to empty
- Click on Clear Now
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari from the menu bar
- Click on Reset Safari
- Mark Clear history
- Click on Reset