https://manual.its.umu.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/manual-loggo.png 0 0 Maja Wik https://manual.its.umu.se/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/manual-loggo.png Maja Wik2021-09-22 09:40:132021-09-22 09:40:13Create tags in Teams
A tag is a function that divides a team into smaller groups. This is useful when you want to be able to tag a small group instead of an entire team or to control the groups permissions.
Create a tag in your team
- Go to your team and click on the three dots to the right of the teams name.
- Select Manage tags.
- A new tab will appear, select Create tag.
- Choose a name for the tag and who it should include. Select Create.
- Your tag is now created! You can use the tag to make a @mention or select a specific group to moderate a specific channel.
- If you as the owner want to control who can create and manage tags, you will find this under Manage teams and Settings.
Some ways to use tags
- You can easily create a group chat based on tags instead of inviting the members one at a time.
- Instead of @mentioning the whole team or the specific channel you can @mention the specific tag. That way, the people included in the tag gets an extra notification. This can reduce irritation it you use @mentions frequently.
- You can control who is allowed to publish in channels based on tags.