Instructions for moving your files from Box to OneDrive and emptying Box.
You should use OneDrive to store your own files. In OneDrive you can share files with other people. Keep in mind that you may not store files that contain sensitive personal information or secrecy in either Box or OneDrive.
- Log in to Box. Go to umu.account.box.com/login and log in.
- You see a view of all your files
- Select all files by pressing the ctrl + A keys on your keyboard.
- Click on the “Download” button.
Note that if you have shared files or folders with other people, the sharing will now disappear. You can re-share files and folders in OneDrive.
- A zip file is created with all your files.
- Click on the downloaded file and select the option “Show in folder”
- The file opens in a separate box. Click on “Extract” at the top and then select “Extract all”.
- In the box that appears, first click on “Open the folder when the files have been extracted” and then select “Extract”. Once you have done this, you have your files from Box in a regular folder locally on your computer. Do not close the folder, you will soon use it again.
Now it’s time to move your files into OneDrive!
- Open your browser and log in to your Office 365 with your Umu ID.
Log in to Office 365
- Choose OneDrive to access your file area.
- Go back to the File explorer and the folder with the extracted files (see step 7).
- Inside the folder, select ctrl + A again.
- The last step is to drag your files to OneDrive. Move the mouse pointer to the selected files to drag and drop them.
This can take some time depending on the amount of files you move. Have patience!
- Now your content has been moved to OneDrive and it’s time to empty the Box.
Check the content you have moved to your OneDrive. If it looks to match the content of your box, proceed to the next step.
- In your file area in Box, use ctrl + A to select all your files. When the files are selected, select “Trash” in the upper right corner.
- The last step is to click “OK” when the system asks if you want to delete.
- Your files have now been removed from Box and moved to OneDrive.