This guide assumes that you have a VPN account at Umeå University. If you do not have one, you can order it at https://administrationsverktyg.umu.se/Vpn
To install the client on a computer with MacOS do the following:
Open a web browser and surf to https://vpn.umu.se
1. Log in with your login for your VPN-account (Umu-id or VPN-user).
2. The page verifies the operating system. It can take a few minutes.
3. Click on the link Download for macOS to download the client to your computer.
4. Open the file you downloaded ((anyconnect-macosx-[version]-web-deploy-k0.dmg) and and start the installation by clicking on the installer vpn.pkg.
Set up the client with the correct information
When the installation is finished you need to input the correct information.
1. Start the program. You can find it via /Applications/Cisco/Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
2. Write in vpn.umu.se in the window that opens and then choose Connect.
4. If you receive a question regarding your login credentials, fill in your VPN-account (Umu-id or vpn-user) and click OK
5. Finished! When you are connected via VPN the picture will look like this