My backup is activated for all employees.
For affiliates, the Head of Department or equivalent or IT manager at the department must activate you.
When this is done, an email is sent to those for whom the service is ordered.
NOTE! The software does not work with MacOS 12 (Monterey)
1. Go to the following address https://minbackup.umu.se:4285/ and log in with your Umu-ID
2. For App Downloads, select the client according to the operating system you have on your computer and the file will be downloaded.
3. Open the downloaded file and install Code42 CrashPlan.
NOTE! If you have MacOS Catalina (10.15), you need to change the rights on the computer for the backup to work. Also applies if you have updated MacOS from the previous version to Catalina (10.15).
a. Open System Preferences
b. Select Security and Privacy
c. Select the Privacy tab
d. In the left part go to Full Disk Access and select CrashPlan. If CrashPlan is missing, add it via “+”
5. When the installation is complete, start CrashPlan and type in your Umu-ID and serveradress minbackup.umu.se
6. When prompted, login with Umu-ID
7. Click Manage files to proceed to select which files you want to back up, the default is only My documents