Application instructions for outgoing exchange students
- Go to: SoleMove start page. Please make sure to only open Solemove in one tab.
- Choose Umeå University from the dropdown list.
- Login using your umu-id.
Find where to go – if you don’t already know
If you have not already decided where you want to go, you can search for opportunities at:
Find where to go
Create and submit an application
Does your view look different in Solemove than the image to the right? This may be due to the fact that you previously received a salary from Umeå University or that you are partly employed as a teacher. If so, please contact Solemove@umu.se before creating your application.
- Go to ’Application form for outgoing student mobility’ in the menu. Never select ‘Application form for short student mobility’ even if you apply for a period shorter than a term.
- Click ’New’ and select ’Mobility Type S –Study’.
- Select an Application period. Be sure you select the application period you intend to apply for.
* Please only use the set semesters in the application form even if the universities that you are applying to have different semester dates then Umeå University.
Fill in the mandatory fields with the required information. The partner universities/destinations are selected in the next tab.
IMPORTANT! Make sure to fill in your name as stated in your passport (all names).
Select the correct ‘Unit responsible for the nomination round’
When selecting ‘Unit responsible for the nomination round’ make sure you select the correct department that administers the exchange place you are applying for. If you choose the wrong department, your contact person will not be able to see and process your application. Umeå University should only be selected when applying for the university-wide exchange places.
North2North, Nordlys, University of Keele and University of Würzburg
When applying for exchange places via North2North, Nordlys, University of Keele and University of Würzburg announced by the International Office, select International Office as your home department.
University-wide exchange places
When applying to the university-wide exchange places (universitetsövergripande) select Umeå University as your home department.
If you are unsure, contact the International Contact Person at your department.
- Go to Application form for Outgoing Student Mobility in the menu.
- Click ’Add new institution/enterprise’.
You will be able to filter the available destinations per country, but you can also click on the pen icon next to Department in order to display all available destinations.
If you apply for exchange places under the university-wide agreements, you can apply for a maximum of four destinations. If you apply for departmental or faculty-linked exchange agreements, you will need to check with the International Contact Person at the respective department if there are any limitations to how many destinations you can apply for.
List your study destinations in order of priority
You change the priority by clicking on the arrows next to the Choice column.
You can also add additional information if needed.
Enter information about your studies
Go to the Current Studies tab.
The ’Current programme’ field is where you fill in your study programme. If you are not registered within a study programme, please enter your current course.
The language field is only obligatory if you are an Erasmus student.
Important! Be very careful about which you languages you enter, since this data will be transferred to your Online Learning Agreement.
Include the mandatory enclosures
If you apply for the university-wide agreements you need to submit the following documents:
- Exchange studies outside Europe
- Complete study plan
- Buddy Programme certificate (if applicable).
- Language test (Only if you do not have English grades from a Swedish upper secondary school). Please upload the documents under the blue tab “enclosures”.
- Exchange studies at the Arctic Circle (north2north)
- Exchange studies in Europe (Nordlys, Keele University, University of Würzburg)
If you apply for departmental or faculty-linked exchange agreements, you will need to check with the International Contact Person at the respective department, which documents need to be submitted
Check and send application
This tab displays the status of all other tabs so that you can quickly see if your application is considered complete by SoleMove (i.e. all the mandatory fields have been filled in). Press the Send application button and you will see a notification ‘Application sent!’