This guide describes how to install Safe Exam Browser on a Mac OS computer.
Safe Exam Browser is a secure browser used with the implementation of digital exams in Inspera. The secure browser locks your computer so that only the exam content and any permitted resources can be displayed at the time of the exam.
On the page “E-examination on campus with Inspera” on the student website, there is more information on how a digital exams with Inspera is done.
- Download the Safe Exam Browser installation file by clicking this link https://static.inspera.com/getsebmac
- The installation file is downloaded to the “Downloads” folder.
- Double-click the SafeExamBrowser- [version number] .dmg file to start the installation.
- Now drag the file “Safe Exam Browser.app” to the application folder “Applications”, to install the program.
Installing Safe Exam Browser
- The installation of Safe Exam Browser is now complete. Remember that the program should never be started independently, but is always opened by starting an exam via a standard web browser, after logging in to Inspera at the address https://umu.inspera.com/