Before you use protected attachment (Skyddad bilaga)
Before you use protected attachments, its important that you have read the information about what you need to keep in mind before you use Skyddad bilaga.
Note that the password you choose is only allowed to be shared verbally or through SMS to the reciever.
Send files with protected attachment
- Go to the website for protected attachement: bilaga.umu.se. (press the globe icon on the top left to change language)
- Click on the icon for “Provide“.
- Enter your information. Read the general terms and accept that you have read them. Then click on “Next“.
- You will now recieve an message to the email address you entered to verify your email. Copy the password you received and paste it to the field “Verify“. Then click on “Next”.
- In this field you will enter who is reciever of your email. Then click on “Next”.
- In this field you will choose which files you are sending. You can either drag and drop files to the box or click on “Browse” to choose files. You can also add a confidential message to your files here. Klicka sedan på “Nästa”.
- In this field you will set your security settings. You can for example decide if you want to set your own password or let the system generate one for you. Note that the password you choose is only allowed to be shared verbally or through SMS to the reciever. When you are done click on “Next”.
- You will now see a preview on your transfer. Click on “Start transfer” to upload and encrypt your files.
- The reciever will get an email notification to download the files.
Receive files with protected attachment
- You will receive an email notification that you have files to download. It will say who has sent the email and what files are included in the transfer. Click on “Download files“.
- Enter the password you recieved from the sender. Then click on “Next“.
- You will now have a page opened where you can download the files you received from the sender. Remember to manage and store the files according to the instructions from the sender. Note that the files will be deleted by the system from the server after download.