Here are two tips on how to invite members to join a team themselves. Note that these options only work for users with Umu accounts.
Invite with a code
All teams have a code that can be used to join the team. The person using the code will join the team immediately. Please note that only people with Umu accounts can connect with a code.
Get the team code
- Go to your team. Select the three dots to the right of the team name. Click Manage Teams.
- Go to Settings and select Team Code.
- When you click Generate, you will get the code and can copy and share it to your members.
Join teams with code
- Go to Microsoft Teams and select the Team tab and then Join or create a team.
- You get the option to create a team or join with a code, this is where you paste the code and choose to join the team.
Invite with link
- Go to your team. Select the three dots to the right of the team name, click on Get link to team.
- You will then receive a link to copy and send to the members. When they click on the link, they get access to and membership in the team.